Sunday, April 22, 2007

new poems

Here are the latest 550 poems. I will admit that I felt very uninspired this week. My poems are subpar. Sorry.


The Forgetting

It was on that September day, shortly after her 70th,
That they realized.

It was when they passed - on their way up her sidewalk - the unfamiliar face of the salesman
- on his way down her sidewalk.

She sat, with hands folded, in the kitchen of her small house.
She had purchased life insurance from the traveling salesman and had already forgotten that she'd written the check.
She had forgotten that she already had life insurance.

What's the correct phrasing here?

She had lost her mind?
Her mind had lost itself?

They chose the latter because then nothing - not time, not them, not her - bore the blame.
And what did it matter - in the end, there would be a collective loss.

They were all losing her.

Soon, they would be left with her,
but without her.

And, even though they weren't suprised that the "life insurance salesman" cashed the check,
They all knew that there is no such thing as life insurance.


Junk Mail (2 days)

I need to respond to all of my dear good friends who have been sending me junk mail.
Because It’s a great time to say hi and my X life is suffering.

Tom Forrest, for example, is anxiously awaiting to
Change my life and, wow, look, he’s got a 12 inch!

Good thing I received a notice regarding my camera
So that I can start taking better quality pictures with a 10.1 megapixel.
I’ll need that if I meet Tom. The Guinness Book will want visual confirmation.

I have a choice to make , though, because even though Tom sounds fabulous,
Don Cervantes contacted me, and he has a bigger pen1s for better s3x!

Choices, Choices.

Luckily, Roco the Star recommends 3 free bottles of man XL
Sam Newsome assures me that he wouldn’t be lying. No problem with man XL.

Basically, I need to stop making excuses and act now
Always remembering, as my dear good friend Ann Johnson reminds me,
that I am any man’s dream come true.

No comments: