Sunday, February 4, 2007

Dreams - Saturday night- February 3

As is typical for me, this dream starts in one location and ends in another. Both are fairly "realistic." The first one begins with me talking to an ex-boyfriend on the wireless telephone, only I'm able to hang up on him by wrinkling up one of his old shirts. I'm talking to him from a canyon with very steep and high rock faces, and not really talking, just yelling, basically. But every time I try to hang up on him and then uncrinkle the shirt, he's still on the line.
In the next part, all of the first-year TAs are at my parents' house in Chinook. We are all tired and take naps before going to several social events that night. When the alarm rings, Jamie gets up too fast and passes out. While she is regaining consciousness, she tells me that she has a book from college that she wants me to read, although she doesn't think she really got anything out of it. I tell everyone that the doctor told me that if you feel like you're going to pass out, to sit down on the floor, not in a chair, because then the blood may not ever go back up to your head. Another ex-boyfriend of mine questions if that is true. Ariana wants to know if that's true for "surprise" pass-outs, too, like if you are surprised by an on-line predator.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Your dream made me laugh - especially Ariana's comment at the end.

Melanie said...

I'm glad you found humor here, Charity. Because, you know, once analyzed, it probably has some dark and disturbing significance.