Monday, January 29, 2007

Dreams - Sunday night, January 28

This dream takes me and a whole bunch of people on a hiking and camping trip. As usual, there are people from all different times periods of my life represented on this hike - high school, teaching, graduate school. At one point, about four of us are hiking along a trail in a very scenic area - it is mid-summer. One of the people I'm hiking with is a man with whom I used to coach high school basketball. We spot a bear up toward the trail, which curves along a mountain ahead. He pulls out a rifle to shoot the bear despite my warning that there may be people on the trail that he could hit. He shoots anyway.
As we continue hiking, we get to a long metal bridge, where we see some men from Lewistown coming across. The coach had almost hit them with a gunshot. The bear at which he was shooting comes roaring up from the creek below the bridge, but it's not dangerous. It's the pet of one of the men from Lewistown, who literally gives it a bear-hug.
For the night, we arrive at a village high in the mountains, only there are a ton of people there. Our whole party is going to stay in a dirty, spidery house up a long flight of stairs. One of my good high school friends is with me now, and in the house I spot one of my former students and another one of my good high school friends, who has already taken a shower and is wearing a dress - like all of the other girls.
The men who are with us decide to cook. They use the old, white stove to cook some horrible cous-cous like concoction and are very proud of themselves.
Just as I'm about to dish up the cous-cous, Julie calls my cellphone to say that she has to stay behind with some of the hikers, including the coach with the shotgun, who has developed severe blisters. She said she found a lake where they can camp and that she will dress his wounds.
{Then, my alarm rings and I wake up.}

1 comment:

Miss Hamilton said...

That is hilarious! I feel honored that I made it into your dream! Mine have been just as strange!